Green beans recipe with chicken – Barba Stathis
Run Time: 50 ‘| Servings: 4-6 Easy
- 600 g chicken thigh fillet
- 2-3 tbsp flour olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 sk.
- 50g garlic white wine
- 300 gr water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp honey
- 600 gr. round beans Barba Stathis
- zest and juice of 1-2 lemons
- olive oil
- slices of lemon
- mint leaves
- Cut the fillets in the middle and put them in a bowl. Add pepper, salt, flour and mix. Place a pot on high heat and put 2 tbsp. olive oil. Put the chicken and sauté on both sides until it turns brown. Add the onion and garlic finely and saute for 1-2 minutes. If we see that the pot is dry we can add an extra 1 tsp. olive oil.
- Rinse with the wine and allow to evaporate.
- Add water, bay leaves, honey and cover with lid. Reduce to medium to low heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Then add the beans, salt, pepper, zest and juice from the lemon, cover with lid and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with olive oil, pepper, lemon slices and mint leaves.